Porcelain Dental Crowns
What Are Dental Crowns Made From?
Crowns are made from different types of material. Early in dentistry, they were made from metals like stainless steel. Here at Wildwood Dental, we use porcelain crowns. The reason that we recommend porcelain is because of its strength and cosmetic appeal. Porcelain provides a better color match than other materials. It is also better for those who have metal allergies.
How Long Do Dental Crowns Last?
Crowns last between five to fifteen years, depending on your oral health habits and the amount of wear and tear they receive. After we place your dental crown, you’ll want to stay away from chewing ice and other hard materials, grinding your teeth, biting your fingernails, and opening packages with your teeth. This will help your crown last as long as possible.
How Wildwood Dental Saves Cracked And Broken Teeth
One of the most common procedures here at Wildwood Dental is placing a crown. Dr. Sheppard will place crowns to help out with many different dental health problems. Some of those include:
- To cover a dental implant.
- For a cosmetic modification.
- To protect a broken tooth or one that has been severely worn down.
- To cover misshapen or severely discolored teeth.
- To protect a weak tooth from decay or to hold parts of a cracked tooth together.
- To restore an already broken tooth from further damage.
- To hold in a dental bridge.
To schedule a consultation regarding a dental crown, give us a call at (530) 432-1543 or email us.
We look forward to hearing from you!