Wildwood Dental Has CEREC!
We are proud to provide CEREC 3-D Technology to our patients in need of restorations. The CEREC system has revolutionized the dental field by meeting the needs of our patients in a more convenient manner. Gone are the days where the patient must return for multiple visits to complete a restoration. CEREC Technology can design, fabricate and place a ceramic restoration in just one visit!
How does CEREC work?
This simple process only takes four steps! First, the decay or old filling is removed and then, the teeth are prepared to be digitally photographed by a 3-D camera, which eliminates those messy, cumbersome traditional impressions. Next, computer-aided design (CAD) software is used to design and create a customized restoration specifically to closely match your teeth and meet your specific dental needs. Finally, the restoration will be attached to the tooth and checked for position, placement and bite function. When you leave, you already have your permanent restoration – there is no need for temporaries or follow-up appointments!
What are the advantages of CEREC?
CEREC holds several advantages over conventional restoration systems, including:
- Your restoration is started and completed on the same appointment – no wait times, no temporary crowns, no return visits, no hassle!
- The entire process is usually completed in less than an hour.
- Less need for local anesthetic and fewer shots.
- All CEREC restorations are made from natural-looking, tooth-colored porcelain material that is metal-free, very bio-compatible and plaque-resistant.
- In many cases, healthier tooth structure can be saved, since the restoration can be used in place of a full crown.
Contact us for more information on this high-tech system.